Benefits of ReCon
- The long term durability of wet-cast air-entrained concrete, especially in environmental where there are road salts, brackish water, and / or freezing and thawing.
- Tall gravity retaining walls where the wall is being built as a cut into the side of an existing embankment.
- Pleasing anesthetics, given both the natural stone texture that ReCon has become noted for and the range of textures which Arrowhead offers its customers (Granite, Limestone, Rustic, Weathered Edge, and Old World).
- The ease of construction, associated with big block machine set installation.
- Wall design solutions for complex grade separation issues utilizing the many capabilities of this big block retaining wall system.
ReCon Wall Typical Designs
Below are some of the typical design scenarios when utilizing our ReCon Retaining Wall Block system. Typically, a gravity wall is utilized on cut-wall applications and reduces the cut required for installation of the block. In fill-wall situations, either a gravity wall or geogrid wall design could be used, and depends on the requirements of the site.
Applications for ReCon
- 01City, State, and Military Projects
- 02Demanding Water Applications
- 03Drainage Channels
- 04Sea Walls
- 05Walls Adjacent to Property Lines or City Easements
- 06Bridge Abutments
- 07Gravity Walls up to 22’ in height
ReCon Wall Texture Options
Retaining Wall Specifiers
At Arrowhead, we recognize the importance of providing the information and tools that allow specifying architects and engineers to understand the aesthetics, features, functions and capabilities of the ReCon Retaining Wall System and then to communicate their desires with clear specification templates and construction details.
In addition, we know that proper design of a precast concrete modular block retaining wall is a critical step in the completion of a successful retaining wall. A final design prepared and stamped by a licensed professional is required on most commercial and governmental projects. Many municipalities require professionally prepared wall designs when they exceed certain heights as dictated by local building codes or when they are considered “critical” in their use or application. ReCon has conducted the required testing and can provide engineers with the information they need to design walls in accordance with current accepted design standards.
Retaining Wall Project Highlights
Interested in viewing other projects that utilized our ReCon Wall System - or other precast retaining wall solutions? Take a look at our portfolio for additional projects and information.